Crave House™ Plant-based K-12 Products K-12 Pizza with Italian Crumbles
Cook Time60 minutes
- 192 oz Italian Sausage, pre-cooked
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 16-inch cheese pizzas, 51% whole grain
Honey Stewed Onions (48 oz)
- 12 pounds yellow onions, julienned
- 1 cup oil, canola blend
- 1.5 tablespoons black pepper, ground
- 1 cup honey
Note: Honey Stewed Onions sub-recipe makes a lot more than is needed for this pizza recipe.
- Heat oil in a large, thick walled stock pot. Heat oil in the pan and add the onions. Sauté onions until golden brown; be careful they do not burn. Once the onions are soft and have turned a golden color, add black pepper and mix well. Add honey and bring to a simmer until the onions are mocha brown. Remove from stock pot and cool on sheet pans in shallow layers down to 35°F within two hours.
- Lightly coat perforated pizza pans with non-stick cooking spray. Place the frozen cheese pizzas on the pans. Partially thaw in the cooler. Top with cooked onions and frozen sausage. Bake at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes and rotate, cook for an additional 6 to 9 minutes or until crust is golden and heated through to a temperature of 165 degrees.
- To serve: Cut each pizza into 8 pieces and serve.